CHC respects the right of all of our customers to make a complaint or appeal as they provide valuable feedback about our services and the ways they are delivered.
We aim to treat our customers in a fair and respectful way. CHC will allocate a staff member who is not involved in the matter to manage your complaint. A member of CHC’s executive team also reviews all complaints and appeals.
Complaints can be made when you are not satisfied with the quality and standard of service you have received from CHC. This includes the service you have received from a staff member or contractor working for CHC.
Appeals can be made when you disagree with a decision made by CHC. All appeals must be lodged within 30 days of being notified of a decision. Appeals will be handled by a Manager, General Manger or CEO.
How can I make a complaint or appeal?
- Over the phone, by calling CHC on 02 6248 7716
- By downloading this Complaint and Appeal Feedback form and either
- Mailing it to CHC, PO Box 6239, O’Connor 2602 or
- Emailing back firstname.lastname@example.org
- By requesting an interview and speaking to us in person. You can bring a friend or advocate for help or support. We can arrange an interpreter for you if required
What happens next?
- You will receive an email or phone call within 24 hours acknowledging receipt if your complaint or appeal.
- For complaints and appeals, a CHC staff member will be assigned to review the matter. Please be assured that person your complaint is about will not be handling your complaint and in the case of an appeal the person who made the original decision will not manage the appeal, this will be done by the General Manager or CEO.
- The complaints manager will consider your complaint or appeal within 28 days. All complaints are also reviewed by a member of the Executive Team and you will be advised in writing of our decision.
What happens if I disagree with outcome of my complaint or appeal?
Complaints and appeals are dealt with in different ways.
- If you are unhappy with the outcome of your Complaint you can take the matter to CEO or General Manager. You will be advised of the decision within 14 days of receiving the request to review the decision.
- If you disagree with the outcome of your Appeal you have the right to appeal to the following independent bodies;